Sunday, March 11, 2007

Final Projection

Here is TBB's final projection. This is my best guess at what the committee will do. It's VERY tough at the bottom. To me, the last slot was betwee Purdue and Missouri State. After last season, I think Purdue gets the edge because the Big 10 has representation on the committee and the Valley does not. That is not to say the committee is "dirty," but they merely have someone to tell them all the ins and outs of Purdue. The Bears do not have anyone like that on the committee.

There are several slots that are tenuous: Drexel, ODU, Purdue and/or Illinois could easily be bumped by Florida State, Stanford, Missouri State, Arkansas, Air Force, or possibly even West Virginia or Kansas State, though I think those last two are doubtful.

The SCKySSiP bracket is up for viewing as well. I did not have a lot of time to scour this one for matchup problems, so please forgive me if there is a violation or two. This was a replication of the selection process using the NCAA selection criteria--NOT A GUESS at what the committee will do. That is what my projection is.

We'll know all in 15 mins!