Check out today's new bracket. Some notes on this bracket.
1. Boston College got a nice win over NC State to help their profile which was sorely lacking in quality wins. The Eagles are getting hot at the right time. They are 11-2 in their last 13. A couple of weighty wins in the ACC tourney would really help them nab a good seed.
2. Florida State and Seton Hall: OUT. SIU and Colorado: back IN.
3. Kentucky and Syracuse have eerily similar profiles, although the Orange have a healthier RPI (28 to 42). I can't imagine these two being left out with each having 8 top 100 RPI wins, but they will both sweat if they lose games coming home.
4. UAB maintains their vanilla profile. No top 50 wins, no sub-100 losses. A win over Memphis on Thursday (in Birmingham) would do wonders for the Blazers. A loss may not kill them, but other teams may pass them because UAB has such limited shots at high quality opponents.
5. Can Northern Iowa miss if they lose to Missouri State in the first round in the Valley tourney? Nah...could they? It's not likely, but if some upstarts win some league tourneys, no team that is 1-5 in their last six will feel solid. I do think the Panthers are IN, though. It's hard to ignore non-conf wins over Iowa, LSU, and Bucknell.
6. It looks like Indiana is going to try to make it interesting. Road wins at Purdue and Michigan this week would make the Hoosiers look pretty good.
Multi-bid Conference Breakdown
Big East (8): UConn, Villanova, Pitt, West Virginia, Georgetown, Marquette, Cincinnati, Syracuse
Big Ten (6): Ohio State, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Michigan
SEC (6): LSU, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky,
MVC (6): Northern Iowa, Wichita State, Creighton, Missouri State, Bradley, Southern Illinois
ACC (4): Duke, North Carolina, NC State, Boston College
Big 12 (4): Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado
Pac-10 (4): UCLA, Arizona, Washington, California
CUSA (2): Memphis, UAB
Colonial (2): George Mason, UNC-Wilmington
Mt. West (2): San Diego State, Air Force
Last Five Teams In: UNC-Wilmington, Colorado, Southern Illinois, UAB, Air Force
II. The Sun Belt Tournament bracket will look like this unless FIU pulls an upset at Middle Tennessee tonight.
III. Tonight's GOI
--Oklahoma State at Oklahoma. In-state rivalry alert!
--Pitt at West Virginia. Important for both Big East and NCAA seeding.