I. What did BracketBusters really do?
1. George Mason. Buster moved GMU into the "win the games they should" category. Even if they lose at Hofstra on Thursday, the Patriots should be OK if they take care of James Madison and win a game or two in the CAA tourney. That win at Wichita State was huge.
2. Missouri State. The Bears got a nice road win at UW-Milwaukee. That pushed them onto the good side of the Bubble likely to stay if they take care of Illinois State and Creighton. A loss to Creighton probably keeps them on the Bubble, but they certainly helped themselves.
3. Bucknell. The Bison missed their chance (twice) to seal the envelope on their bid. I still think they are OK as long as they make the conference tourney finals, but they are still not 100% safe.
4. Southern Illinois. They have been pushed to the edge of the bracket with recent losses, and LA Tech got a nice win that probably hurt SIU more than it helped LA Tech.
5. Read more from ESPN's best, Kyle Whelliston.
II. Last Night's GOI
--at Syracuse 60, West Virginia 58. I think one more win of any type cements the 'Cuse. WVU now fighting to avoid a 5/12 game.
--South Alabama 64, at FIU 51. Ladies and gents, I present to you the SBC West champs: the Jaguars of South Alabama.
III. Tonights' GOI
--Alabama at Arkansas. Hogs could really use this one to solidify themselves a bit.
--Southern Illinois at Evansville. DANGEROUS game for SIU. They have a razor-thin margin for error at this stage.
--Illinois at Michigan. Wolverines looking more Bubbly by the day, and Illini are battling for a 2-seed.
--Texas A&M at Missouri. The Aggies must win out and that includes the one with Texas.
--Seton Hall at St. John's. Pirates finish with three of four on the road, so they need to take care of this winnable roadie.
--Boston College at Virginia. BC needs it to avoid slippage and UVA's hopes are on life support.