1. The University of Detroit is playing at Louisville at noon ET today. Do these teams know that it's Christmas Eve?!?! Well, at least Detroit is a short flight and early reports this morning show no airport delays.
2. Indiana took out Butler in Hinkle Fieldhouse 73-55 last night. Again, kudos for IU's willingness to go on the road against in-state teams.
3. Kentucky managed to slip by Iona 73-67 last night, but it certainly was not easy. It was a three-point game with a minute remaining. Watch the Gaels in the Metro-Atlantic conference this season. The conference is as good as it's been in a long, long time.
4. Southern Cal won their eighth straight game last night, smoking North Carolina A&T last night, 68-38. The Trojans have won eight in a row since dropping their first two games, including that big win over North Carolina.
5. Perhaps folks (including this writer) were a little hasty in talking about Iowa State as a disappointment. The Cyclones have three games to Iona, Fresno State, and Ohio State. Those teams' combined record is an eye-popping 21-4. Iowa State is 8-3 with wins over Iowa, Northern Iowa, and Colorado State. There is nothing wrong with their NCAA profile at this point.
TBB will return on Tuesday or Wednesday. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!