Tuesday, February 05, 2008

BracketBuster Breakdown

Here are the official BracketBusters pairings. The teams I correctly projected are in green. If I missed the matchup, the correct matchup is in green and my projection is in black. Teams I missed are in red.

I projected 25/28 teams correctly, and the misses were at the bottom.

Drake at Butler
Kent St at St. Mary's
Miami-OH at Valparaiso
UC-Santa Barbara at Utah State
George Mason at Ohio (Illinois State)
Wright State at Illinois State (SIU)
Creighton at Oral Roberts (Ohio)
VCU at Akron (Oral Roberts)
Davidson at Winthrop (Akron)
Nevada at SIU (Cleveland St)
Marist at Cleveland State (Appalachian State)
UW-Milwaukee at Bradley (Rider)
Siena at Boise State (Winthrop)
Rider at CS-Northridge

Teams I missed:
Niagara, Northern Iowa, Appalachian State. I think Appalachian State got hosed. They are higher than both Boise State and CS-Northridge in the RPI and they are leading the SoCon North. Plus, they have won 9 of 10. I am glad to see that those two ( BSU and CS-N) got in over Northern Iowa, though.

Also, UW-Milwaukee? They are mired in the middle of the Horizon and they are not hot either, coming off back-to-back losses. I think they are still living on their past seasons a bit.

But, overall, no HUGE surprises--although I am sure there are some unhappy campers in Boone, NC.