1. NC State defeated Alabama 68-64 last night in Tuscaloosa. This 'Bama team is looking more and more like a Bubble team...at best. The SEC West is ripe for Arkansas' taking this season.
2. Has anoyone noticed that Florida State is 8-1? It may be fool's gold, but the Noles have only lost at rampaging Florida by 8, and have numerous 30+ point wins. They at least bear watching in the ACC, as does 10-0 Clemson. Those two square off on Jan 4.
3. Tennessee finally lost last night. Oklahoma State took care of the Vols rather handily. Still, Tennessee has not had a team to be this excited about since the Jerry Green years of highly talented, albeit terribly underachieving, squads.
4. Indiana at Butler tonight. I have a soft place in my heart for Big Six powers that are willing to go on the road against in-state non-Big Sixers. Indiana does it as often as anyone.
5. Iona vs Kentucky. This will not be played in Lexington. This game constitututes UK's annual "home" game in Louisville. Iona is a perfect 7-0 and they could give UK fits. They have had two weeks to prepare and UK is coming off an emotional win over Louisville.
6. Colorado State plays Iowa State in the Rainbow Classic tonight. With wins over Colorado, Auburn, and Hawaii in tow, a win over the Cyclones would put the Rams in great position for at-large consideration provided that they win their fair share of Mountain West games.
7. My latest article on SCS.com is up. Enjoy the Twelve Games of Christmas.