1. The Louisville Courier-Journal posted a season TV guide for college hoops games in their college basketball preview section yesterday. Who knows how long this link will be active, so my advice is to print one of these dudes. Prime hoops viewing time is rapidly approaching now that the BCS is close to (once again) making a mockery of itself.
2. To quickly pick up a Bracket Board theme from seasons past, let me once again reiterate how difficult it is to win on the road. Especially against competitive teams. See: Arizona's loss at Virginia. The Cavs were a 10-seed in my preseason bracket, so it's not totally unexpected, but 15,000+ fans certainly helped UVA open the new John Paul Jones Arena in a winning fashion.
3. Buzzer beaters are powerful events. Miami-OH was on the receiving end of a body blow by a Wright State buzzer beater this weekend. It's too early to feel this kind of pain.
4. While a parade of Belt teams went down in road games against Big Six-type opponents, North Texas scored a nice win on the road at Charlotte. The Mean Green lit it up from downtown (13-23) and outscored the 49ers by nine in each half. Charlotte star F De'Angelo Alexander suffered a miserable shooting effort (5-22, 2-13 from 3) in the loss.
5. The WKU Hilltoppers pummeled the Kennesaw State Owls on Saturday night, 96-55. Lots of Toppers saw extended action as Wooden List G Courtney Lee led the way with 20 points. True FR guard A.J. Slaughter rang up 18 points off the bench in support. Nine players logged double-digit minutes and two others played nine minutes.
--Akron vs UALR. There are lots of lopsided matchups tonight, but both the Zips and Little Rock figure to be in the mix at the top of their leagues.
--Loyola Marymount at Mississippi State. FOX South at 7 pm CST. The Lions are probably the second best team in the WCC behind Gonzaga. Miss State is looking to bounce back from a subpar year last season. This is probably the most competitive game on the tube tonight.