1. Here's my take on the new rules changes for this season in my SouthernCollegeSports.com weekly column.
2. The season officially kicks off tomorrow night when Saint Francis-PA v. Cornell, and Syracuse v. Bethune-Cookman square off in the Coaches v. Cancer. Both games will be played in the Carrier Dome. These games are for keeps! The seasons starts tomorrow!
3. Recently watched films: Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, Twelve Monkeys, In Good Company, Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
4. The WKU Hilltoppers play an exhibition this Thursday night, Nov 10, against Bellarmine University (Louisville, KY). Bellarmine played Louisville (lost by seven) and Murray State (lost by six) close last week. It should be a decent test for the Tops. The first regular season game occurs on Nov 18 when the Tops host Austin Peay.
5. Check out the Mid-Majority's philosophical waxing about the state of the game, Science v. Creationism, and how Einstein was a big, fat rip-off artist. Kyle has cooked up a nice batch of thought-provoking essays during the preseason.
6. T-minus 33 days until I run my first marathon. I have a massive 21-mile training run planned for Saturday. The weather looks supreme at this point.
7. The CBS hoops schedule of televised games is up.
8. The Sun Belt is celebrating it's 30th year of basketball with some optimism about this season.
9. Need more proof that it's hoops season? Wonk is back!
10. The preseason AP Poll is out.